Saturday, February 4, 2012

Updates and Food Snapshots

I've been absent for a while, yes - I'm still not quite in the habit of blogging, but I'm working on it. (Albeit more for my own satisfaction than anybody else's.) I haven't been doing a whole lot of cooking because I've been busy, but I did make a quick throw-together lentil stew the other day, so next time I make that I'll post photos and the recipe.

My mother made kale chips, much to my surprise

Coffee and a bagel with peanut butter - one of my favorite breakfasts, and yes that IS a squirt gun on my desk.

Vegan burrito from Chipotle - yes, you can eat vegan there!

On Monday I got invited to a private staff party at City o City in Denver. The crowd was approximately 100 yuppies, 100 hipsters, and lone gothy me. I had a great time though - who can say no to free drinks and free veg Thai food? My friends David and Davey of Bike Theft played a few songs and there was much revelry and jubilation.

On Wednesday Davey invited me out to the monthly vegan dinner, Chomp. The cuisine this month was Cajun, and featured some absolutely amazing chocolate-caramel turtles that I wish I had gotten the recipe for.



In other news, it's sunny today, but yesterday it dumped almost two feet of snow on us. Lovely weather for laziness and tea-drinking.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment